Custom Home Warranty Carpenter
- Sioux Falls, SD
As a New Construction Warranty Carpenter at Deffenbaugh Homes, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of workmanship and completing warranty repairs for new luxury homes constructed by the company. You will work closely with the construction team, homeowners, and warranty team to identify and resolve any issues that arise during the warranty period.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect new homes during the warranty period to identify any issues or defects in workmanship or materials
- Repair or replace any defective or damaged components of the home, including but not limited to drywall, trim, cabinetry, flooring, and roofing
- Work with the construction team to ensure that any repairs or replacements are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Communicate effectively with homeowners to explain the nature of the repairs needed and the timeline for completion
- Maintain accurate records of all warranty repairs and the time spent on each repair
- Follow all safety protocols and procedures when working on job sites
- Assist with other carpentry tasks and projects as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in residential construction or carpentry
- Strong knowledge of construction materials and techniques
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and construction drawings
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with luxury home construction preferred
The New Construction Warranty Carpenter will spend a significant amount of time on construction sites and in homes that are under construction. This may involve exposure to varying weather conditions, loud noises, and potentially hazardous materials. The job may require some evening and weekend work, as well as occasional travel to different job sites.
The New Construction Warranty Carpenter must be able to perform physical tasks such as standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and reaching for extended periods of time. The job may also involve lifting heavy objects, using power tools, and working on ladders or scaffolding. Proper safety equipment and training will be provided.